Mosaic’s Spring & Summer Events Are Now Up!

This spring and summer Mosaic is excited to host another set of fantastic and fun events for our community. From the return of pole walking to informative talks Mosaic’s spring and summer schedule offers a variety of free events for the community to enjoy: Come Walk with Mosaic & Author Nathalie Prezeau – April 28 […]

Mosaic community outing to the Gibson House Museum – February 22nd, 2017

The trip involved learning about the history of the Gibson family, their home and how people lived in the 19th century. Of course the group had hands on experience on the tour making tasty butter and scones in the 19th century tradition! Mosaic’s field trip to the Gibson House helped the community to understand the […]

Explore Toronto / Explore the ROM / Explore the World in a day

March 13, 2017 in Community, Events, Life and art |

Hello and good day! My name is Hilary Topalian….. I work in the Marketing Department at the ROM. I’ve been here since 1996, first as a volunteer with the summer camp, then a teacher (a position which I still hold) and now this position as Part Time Marketing Administration Coordinator. I got super excited when […]

Tags:

Happy Holiday Season from Everyone at Mosaic!

December 28, 2016 in Community, Events |

Over the past few weeks Mosaic has been spreading the holiday spirit in the community. Jane Teasdale and Dina Campeis have been travelling to different organizations and groups providing refreshments and photo-ops. Heather leads attendees at the Holiday Festive Tea at the Markham Community Resource Centre. At both of Mosaic’s Community Resource Centre’s, Mosaic was […]

Tags:

Lianne Harris explored the stories & symbols of Christmas

December 8, 2016 in Community, Events |

Mosaic offered me a wonderful opportunity to explore with its guests a 1-hour presentation on Christmas: Stories & Symbols on November 25th, 2016. We looked at the roots of the Christian tradition of Christmas, understood how the pagan elements in Scandinavian, Germanic and Celtic cultures were fused into this creating our current full array of […]

Tags:

Mosaic’s Remembrance Day Ceremony at the Shops on Steeles and Don Mills – 2016

October 27, 2016 in Community, Events, Mosaic Updates |

Please visit Mosaic’s Community Resource Centre in the weeks leading up to Remembrance Day to visit our “Table of Honour” and pick up free information on the Canadian Armed Forces, Canadian military history and Remembrance Day for all ages. If you would like to attend our Remembrance Day Ceremony this year, please give Mosaic a […]

Tags:

Slides from our upcoming OSCO presentation showing our community outreach programs designed to encourage social interaction and education

In case you are unable to attend this Thursday’s OSCO’s Overcoming Loneliness and Social Isolation Symposium, where I will be speaking, here is a sneak preview of some my slides showing some of the events held at our resource centres over the last two years and a number of other guests: 

Tags:

Overcoming Loneliness and Social Isolation: Celebrating Best Community Practices Symposium

Hi everyone, I wanted to let you know I will be one of the speakers at this Thursday’s OSCO’s Overcoming Loneliness and Social Isolation Symposium.  There is a wealth of experience on a good size panel, each of whom will be speaking for 15 minutes on their area of expertise.   I think this is a […]

Mosaic’s Monthly Feature: September is National Arthritis Awareness Month

September 13, 2016 in Community, Events |

September is National Arthritis Awareness Month in Canada. Over 4.6 million Canadians, adults and children, with arthritis suffer every day. This month we take time to consider what it means to live with chronic pain, and how we can help them. Throughout the month of September, The Arthritis Society encourages people to share their comment […]

Check This Out: Doc Mike Evans YouTube Page

September 5, 2016 in Community, Health and exercise |

Have you stumbled across the Doc Mike Evans YouTube page? This great page offers “edutaining” videos on health and wellness that are engaging and informative. Dr. Mike Evans is a founder of the Health Design Lab at Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, an Associate Professor of Family Medicine and Public Health at the University of […]

Copyright © 2013-2024 Jane's GTA Cafe All rights reserved.