CALLING ALL KNITTERS! By Dina Campeis

A big shout out goes out to our Wednesday afternoon Mosaic Knitting Group who volunteered time making Tweedlemuffs for some of our clients living with Alzheimer’s Dementia. They also contributed to Mosaic’s Window at our Shops on Steeles & 404 resource centre Knitting is one of those things I wish I could do but not […]

Tags:

Towards a Decade of Healthy Ageing – From Evidence to Action: International Federation on Ageing, 14th Global Conference, 7th to 10th August 2018

Mosaic (Nathalie Anderson and I) attended this major global conference where I was also a presenter and a session chair. I also attended one of the Master Classes, on Ageism, on the Tuesday, before the conference and was invited by AARP to an evening event at the Berkeley Bicycle Club, on Wednesday, where I had […]

Our 6th July North York Seniors Centre Tour

Toronto has a great many community centres, recreation centres and senior centres.  They and their volunteers do amazing work.  We thought how about visiting them with some of the many people who come to Mosaic’s Community Resource Centres.  To educate people, to connect people across our communities and to let people know what resources and […]

Tags:

Mosaic Activity Booklet – A Tour of our Wonderful City

July 5, 2018 in Community, Events |

Download here > for our July 2018 Edition and for up to date information on events in and around the GTA please go to our community twitter handle @MosaicGTALinks A Guide for Members, Families and Caregivers Take a tour of our wonderful city of Toronto with Mosaic’s Activity Booklet. Every month Mosaic compiles a list […]

Mosaic’s submission to the Toronto Senior’s Strategy

May 25, 2018 in Community |

Regarding – EX34.2, Toronto Seniors Strategy Version 2.0 Mosaic Homecare & Community Resource Centres would like to formally extend its support to the recommendations made in Toronto Seniors Strategy Version 2.0. Mosaic is a private homecare company with a strong history of community outreach and has been providing community resources, space, fun and educational events […]

Creative Collage: I (Dina Campeis) have always been “drawn” to mixed media art….

……..so when Mosaic Home Care booked Lesley White to facilitate a collage class, I thought, Wow, this is great.  I get to play and work at the same time! As Community Relations Manager, I can often join the various programs that we provide for free at our Community Resource Centres, and this was one such […]

The Information Sheet on our recent award from the European Society For Person Centered Healthcare

Mosaic Home Care & Community Resource Centres: AWARDED THE GOLD MEDAL OF THE European Society For Person Centred Healthcare for its Person Centered, Community Focused Model of Care: Mosaic is pleased to announce that it has recently been awarded the Gold Medal of the European Society for Person Centered Healthcare at the Society’s Annual Conference […]

OPEN HOUSE Thursday 24 August: Learn About Our Community Events: Mosaic’s Community Resource Centres

August 16, 2017 in Community, Events, Open House |

Memory Lane Home Living

Memory Lane Home Living Inc. is a small private not-profit home for up to 5 elderly women with mild dementia who can no longer safely live on their own. These women continue to have their independence in a supervised setting. They participate in everyday living with in the home and in the community. We are […]

24th August Open House & Statement from Evergreen with respect to its new community partnership with Mosaic Home Care & Community Resource Centres

July 10, 2017 in Community, Events |

Evergreen is delighted to be partnering with MOSAIC to provide counselling and support services in the Thornhill community.  Moving away from their site near Dufferin to MOSAIC, allows Evergreen bereavement clients, caregivers and people with a life-threatening illness, receive counselling and group support in a more central location. MOSAIC will also host the Thornhill Hospice […]

Copyright © 2013-2024 Jane's GTA Cafe All rights reserved.